Louis Costa was born in Italy and immigrated to the United States. He worked as a captain aboard several merchant ships operating out of Philadelphia and was later manager of the Sailors’ Home of the Pennsylvania Seamen’s Friend Society.
Personal papers of Captain Louis Costa, including accounts and receipts from employment on various ships and at the Atlantic Fisheries Company (New York) and the Sailors’ Home (Philadelphia), licenses, citizenship papers, one letter to his wife, one photograph of Costa, and several letters of reference from employers in Philadelphia and New York.
- Costa, Louis
- Sailors — United States — Correspondence
- Ship captains — Correspondence
- Pennsylvania Seamen’s Friend Society
- Sailors’ Home (Philadelphia, Pa.)
- Atlantic Fisheries Company (New York)
- Annual reports
- Financial records
- Military records