The Crescent Boat Club was formed in 1867 by the merging of the Pickwick and Iona Barge Clubs. The Crescent Boat Club joined the Schuylkill Navy in 1868. The club’s boathouse was built in 1871, and a second floor addition, designed by Charles Balderston, was completed in 1891. With the exception of a period of low membership following World War II, the Crescent Boat Club has been active and competitive in local and national rowing events up to the present day.
This collection consists of a single volume, containing records of members’ dues and club expenses, such as coal, housecleaning and insurance. The club’s title on the volume is given as Crescent Barge Club.
- Crescent Barge Club
- Boats and boating — Pennsylvania — Philadelphia
- Rowing — Pennsylvania — Philadelphia
- Rowing clubs — Pennsylvania — Philadelphia
- Account books