James Barron (1768-1851) was a U.S. Naval officer. He was appointed as Lieutenant in 1798 and as Captain in 1799. He was commander of the Philadelphia Naval Shipyard from 1824 to 1825 and from 1831 to 1837.
Group of 16 letters received from John Rodgers, Isaac Chauncey and others regarding maintenance of ships at the Philadelphia Naval Shipyard, 1831-1836.
- Barron, James, 1761-1851
- Chauncey, Isaac,; 1772-1840
- Rodgers, John,; 1773-1838
- Philadelphia Naval Shipyard (Philadelphia, Pa.)
- Ships–Maintenance and repair
- [where?] Philadelphia Naval Shipyard Records, 1832-1877, Collection Number 45: includes letterpress copy book, 1832-1835, of James Barron at the navy yard, and official daily reports on activities, 1836-1837.
- Philadelphia Naval Shipyard