Robert Morton, son of Samuel and Phebe Lewis Morton (later Pemberton), was born October 30, 1760. He married Hannah Pemberton October 14, 1784, and he died August 17, 1786.
Diary of Robert Morton, Philadelphia, 16 September 1777 – 30 December 1778. Morton writes of the British occupation of the city, British and Hessian soldiers ransacking his and other plantations, the Battle of Germantown and the attack on Fort Mifflin, news of Burgoyne’s surrender at Saratoga, and the difficulties in using paper money.
- Philadelphia Campaign, 1777-1778
- Germantown, Battle of, Philadelphia, Pa., 1777
- Paper money
- Hessian mercenaries — United States — History — Sources
- Geographic: United States — History — Revolution, 1775-1783 — Participation, German — Sources
- Pennsylvania — History — Revolution, 1775-1783 — Sources
- Fort Mifflin (Philadelphia, Pa.)
- Fort Mifflin